KL folk can now report lost MyKad or passports online

City folk here who want to lodge police reports for non-criminal cases such as lost identity cards or passports can do so online now.

The Online Police Reporting System, which is available at https://ereporting.rmp.gov.my, means complainants no longer have to go to the police station to make a report.

E-reporting is open for Malaysians aged 18 and above.

“In 2015 and 2016, 80% to 90% of reports lodged in Kuala Lumpur involved people losing their IC or passports, misplacing handphones, and runaway maids,” said City police chief Comm Datuk Amar Singh.

E-reporting, he said, would make the process easier for these people.

The system initially started out as a pilot programme at the Taman Tun Dr Ismail police station, he said.

“There was positive response, so we decided to expand it to the whole contingent in Kuala Lumpur.

“Perhaps in the future, it will be open for the whole country,” he said.

Besides e-reporting, there is also the Online Checking System at http://sso.rmp.gov.my, which allows people who have lodged police reports to check the progress of their case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *